Question:
Are memories eternal?
?
2014-06-30 17:40:15 UTC
I've been thinking do you think your memories can't be ignored that you're only running away from them? The reason why I ask do you think memories are eternal is because I think they will always be there you're just losing who you are in the future.
Eight answers:
2014-06-30 17:53:29 UTC
Quite the opposite. Memories are incredibly fragile. We rewrite the past practically every time we examine it. That is why false memory syndrome is so dangerous.

Take something that happened to you yesterday. Take the central event whether good or bad, and examine all the benefits that could accrue from that situation. Five minutes like that and the nothing important event of yesterday takes on a roseate glow of wonder.

Take the same event and imagine for ten minutes all the negative things that could affect you later because of it. It will take a bit longer to unravel the positive spin you put on it. But you can turn that nothing event into a traumatic one.

The past is completely fluid under our ATTITUDE towards it. Nothing eternal about that.
miri
2014-06-30 18:49:27 UTC
Memory changes the shape of a room, the color of walls... memory is unreliable. You can even distort memories to the point where they become entirely fictional.

So no, in my opinion, memories are not eternal.
2014-06-30 18:03:34 UTC
Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.

I am a believer and I believe above statement.
?
2014-06-30 17:58:14 UTC
I have a great memory. I often watch reruns of memories. It's like watching movies in your head. My memories never change. All detail remains intact deep in my brain. It's like living them again.
michelle c
2014-06-30 17:56:38 UTC
I think even when we die we will remember everything that happend , interpreting is different but facts are remembered.
2014-06-30 20:25:05 UTC
They are, because consciousness is. And without memory, there would be no substance to our reality. Structures would not last. People would keep dying from preventable disease. Books, movies, and paintings are all remnants and proof of that.
?
2014-07-01 00:33:55 UTC
Nothing is eternal. The only constant in the world is change.
?
2014-06-30 19:36:58 UTC
Heck no........I can;t remember what I did yesterday.