Question:
i need a quote that has to do with "things arent always as they seem" for my intro paragraph?
2006-02-14 12:34:32 UTC
i am writing a paper on Edwin Arlington Robinson's "Richard Cory" and Stevie Smith's "Not Waving But Drowning" for my eng comp 1 class. i want to tie the two poems together with "things arent always as they seem" i need a good quote to use in my intro paragraph to help embrace my thesis.
Five answers:
Michael H
2006-02-14 12:43:20 UTC
“Though dreams can be deceiving, like faces are to hearts, they serve for sweet relieving, when fantasy and reality lie too far apart.”

- From here: http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/though_dreams_can_be_deceiving-like_faces_are_to/8880.html

================

“Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.” - Oscar Wilde

================
moyle
2016-12-18 11:17:33 UTC
i've got taught intense college English for years and have by no skill heard of a 'definition essay' yet what you have written truthfully suits your description. you have an exquisite writing style. you're sparkling, concise and to the factor. you have used a brilliant occasion. If I have been to grade this, given the parameters you have defined, i could take off a pair of things for some punctuation. a million. an ellipsis has 3 sessions, no longer 4. 2. by no skill, ever use extra desirable than one exclamation. 3. upload a comma: by way of fact the respond, a surprising sensation... sturdy luck!
bonshui
2006-02-14 13:31:55 UTC
"the senses are sometimes deceptive; and it is a mark of prudence never to place our complete trust in those who have deceived us even once" [Descartes, First Meditation]
guramiii
2006-02-14 19:46:57 UTC
read "the little prince". you'll have a handful of answers from the book. plus you were able to read it yourself...^_^
2006-02-14 16:53:19 UTC
empty is stupid but you can move in it!